Monday, May 21, 2012

Whisper's Disneyland Adventures-Day 2


Day Two – Thursday, May 17, 2012

WHAT a day, my goodness! Magic Kingdom was always big…but it’s both bigger and smaller here in California than in Florida. Less space, but a lot more crammed into it! The day started early, but not terribly so. We were up early anyway because the hotel's breakfast ends by 9, lol. Brian didn't set his alarm, so we ran a little bit late. I don't really remember...but I'm pretty sure we caught the 9:30 bus. Barely, lol.

While I was waiting to leave, I got some pics of the room.
It doesn't look as nice of course, since we'd already messed up the pretty beds, rofl. I had the bed near the window, and thus the air conditioner. Good thing I sleep well when the room is cold! And just to give you an idea of how close we are to the parks:

 You can't see it well in the first picture. But in the second picture? That's the Tower of Terror. I am seeing that from the door to the room. It was SO cool!

Right, so anyways, off to the parks!! They're more careful these days, they have bag checks now. I got very good at opening up my purse for people to look into, rofl.


So we arrived at Disneyland! I managed not to bounce like an excited four year old on the ride in. Once again, barely :P The best part was that because it was Thursday and early, it wasn't too crowded and the lines weren't very long! It didn't even start getting busy until at least 2pm, which meant we had hours to just hop from one ride to the next.

Here's a lot of Main Street stuff, lol. We walked right down it and turned right, into Tomorrowland!





 And of course, the nerdiest ride we could find was the first one we went on:

Yup, Star Tours! I was SUPER excited! When we were in Disney World two years ago, we went on the old ride, only a few months before they closed it down for the reboot. And man...it needed it! I remember it being rough, and I had the jokes memorized, lol. And when the ride was over, a kid in front of me when we got off said "Oh look, we've arrived on the Gift Shop Planet!" Hilarious, but it was a sign of things that needed to change. And my wish was granted! As much as I loved the old ride, the new one was awesome!


 The line was only about 15 minutes long, which for Star Tours is fantastic. In the first room there were planets painted on the walls...we spent our time in there naming the planets on the walls, confirming our nerdiness. Coroscant is obvious, but we picked out what we suspect were Endor, Naboo, Tatooine... XD

I also blinded both my parents with the camera, lol. Not on purpose, I was taking the pictures, and my dad turned and looked at me right when the flash went off! My mom did the same thing only a minute later XD


 And the ride is in 3D as well, so we got glasses! My mother and I are sowing them off for you :P (My hair was awful...it's humid there, so my hair went *POOF* and everywhere, lol.) Now I don't wanna give the ride away...but it's different every time. There's a bunch of "scenes" which are put together randomly, making every ride unique. We flew in a Pod Race, through the post blown up Death Star...and a third one which I can't remember! How mortifying...I've forgotten! In my defense, this was days ago :P

Once we were done with Star Tours, we browsed the shop (The Star Wars shop was one of my favorites, it had a great variety and a ton of really cool stuff!). Like I mentioned before, we took note of the various things we liked and only bought them at the end of the trip. But that morning, I did buy two books. One was full of facts about the park, the basic history of the rides and things around the park, hidden cool things...stuff like that. It was great, in the lines of a ride I could read up on it and catch stuff I may have otherwise missed! The other was an Imagineer's Pocket Guide to the park, talking about the design of each attraction, concept art, facts, I was in Dinerd Heaven!

Anyways, next came Space Mountain! It's one of my faaavorite rides! Sadly this time we were in the front car. The back one feels faster. That's why in the picture, I'm grinning. I'm literally sitting there going "Weeeeeeeeee!!!"


Victor, I saw this and thought of you XD

 Then, since we were there, we went and watched the Captain EO show. It wasn't bad! I mean it was terrible and corny and silly and goofy and...what can I saw, it was a Michael Jackson in space movie, lol. Brian and I burst out laughing when the villainess actually said "Silence Infidels!" I've never heard a bad guy actually say that, it's just what people say when they want to be goofy about it! So yeah, we sort of cracked up :D

My goofy parents modeling the EO 3D glasses for me ;P
 Right-o, next came Innoventions! I've always been a fan of this especially the House of the Future. It's like visiting a model home where they display all this technology we don't have yet! And possibly never will, it all depends ;) We saw a giant TV screen made of glass, a kitchen counter (also glass) with a voice activated recipe book under it. Lilian (the name of the kitchen) could turn the water on the sink on and off by voice commands alone, it was epic! Also microwave/oven type thing...it didn't have a door on the front, the bottom lowered down from it instead. So the heat stayed trapped and- maybe I should shut up now, lol.
It's fake, but it's a treehouse, of course I liked it!

I liked the cabinet...bad habit from my Interior Design days :P


In the model of the girl's room...there were electronic walls. Obvious they weren't blue and green like this, they looked like normal screens, the camera just captured it weird. But DUDE I want some! I could post my artwork on my walls without having to even print it!
 
Ad then sicne we had time, we rode Astro Blasters, the Buzz Lightyear ride. Where you get to shoot things, lol. My score was something like 14500. Brian got double that -.- After all that it was getting nearer to 1pm. We had lunch reservations at the Blue Bayou for 1:20, so we made our way to the other side of the park.

This is the mysterious green door, the entrance to the exclusive Club 33 5 Star restaurant. Don't know what it is? It's a club that has only 487 members, including Presidents, famous actors, foreign dignitaries... I'd LOVE to be a member! Fat chance of that happening though :P
 The Blue Bayou is the newly reinvented restaurant in the Pirates of the Carri bean ride. It used to have a little of everything, now it's a little more themed to Southern Cuisine. I ordered crab cakes, Mommy, Daddy and Brian all ordered Monte Cristos. Well, Mom and Dad shared one, lol. The salad was quite yummy, I love vinaigrette dressings so I was good XD Though the weird green tomatoes were icky -.- I hate tomatoes, but I was on an adventure and feeling adventurous, so I tried one anyway, lol. My crab cakes were pretty good too! I'd rather have straight crab, but they weren't bad! And the monte cristos...for anyone who doesn't know what those are, they're a ha and cheese sandwich which had been deep fried. And in the case of the Blue Bayou, they sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. And you dip it in raspberry jelly o.O So it was like eating breakfast and desert at the same time. It was very weird, and somehow very delicious! I don't understand it...and they're incredibly unhealthy, but they are strangely delicious!


After that came shopping...the Haunted Mansion doesn't really have its own gift shop, but Nightmare Before Christmas is popular enough that it has stuff in half the stores in the park, lol. This one had a bunch...and I do love NBC stuffs XD


 Random Pics!
A lovely little out of the way corner. It grabbed me, I had to get a picture :)

From here you can see Tom Sawyer's Island and the Mark Twain Riverboat.

The Dream Suite, built above Pirates of the Caribbean and likely right beside the Club 33 restaurant. Originally designed by the woman who made the sets in Gone with the Wind, it wasn't finished before Walt died. Later the project was taken up again and finished. Now, it's a space given out to random guests, much like the rooms in the Cinderalla Castle in Disney World :)
 The obvious choice for our next attraction was Pirates of the Caribbean! I was bored, I took pictures in line :P






Whoops! Flash pictures weren't allowed on the ride ^^; However, this is the only good picture our camera could get without being blurry...
See? Blurry! They project Blackbeard and Davy Jones onto the mist now, lol. Jack Sparrow is also in the ride a few times, a bit of an update. Some people don't like it, but I think it helps with the story of the ride. And as Walt loved the stories his rides told, I like the change ^^

Haunted Mansion! This one is...third place? Oh I dunno! Too many amazing rides to pick which is my favorite! (Peter Pan is my number one favorite, it always has been and holds a very special place in my heart. But second place has a zillion rides). Interesting fact, the attic scene, where you meet Constance? The Constant Bride? That's newer. And the voice of the lady's head in the ball? That's the same lady who did Maleficent and Cinderella's stepmother. And Madome Leota is the head's name, named after an imagineer appropriately named Leota Toombs XD

Right, anyways! After that was Tarzan's Treehouse! I both like this and don't like it...it was always the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse for me. And still is in Disney World. And I love that movie, I don't care if its old! I'm sad that they changed it...however, this is the only evidence that Tarzan or Jane even exist in the entire park, so I'm willing to deal with it, lol. Anyways, while Mommy and Brian sat down for a break, my Dad and I went through the house ^^


On the easel, there's a projection of Jane's drawing. I'm almost positive it's basically all Glen Keane sketches being shown off! I could have stood there all day and watched...

No trip to Disneyland is complete without a ride on the Jungle Cruise. I love this one too XD It's so full of puns it's insane, but it's hilarious. And when you're old enough to get all the jokes it's fantastic! Interesting fact (sorry, I have a lot of these) when the park first opened, the bamboo hadn't grown tall enough to make the ride feel like a real jungle...the solution was to plant orange trees upside down, because the roots looked like gnarled branches, lol.







Thunder Mountain!! I used to love this one so much...I like it less now. Largely because it hurts, lol. Because you share the restraining bar with the other person in your car, whoever is larger determins how far down it goes. Which means I'm left with lots of space, since I'm the smallest of my family. So I bounce around all over the place on the ride rofl. And Brian slid over and squashed me! Still, it's fun XD At the time, I was just gld we got onto it. For our DW trip, the first time we were in line for it, it broke down when we were only minutes away from boarding. The second time, it broke down when we were literally the next people about to get onto the train. The only reason Brian and I got to ride it was cuz we went durin the Extra Magic Hours and rode it at 1 in the morning, lol.





This is the Columbia, the first ship of its type built in a hundred years. Walk christened it with a bottle filled with water from the world's major oceans and rivers ^^ It also serves as the pirate ship in the Fantasmic show!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye. HELL yes, this is where I wanna work! Partly because i'm an archaeologist, it'll be perfect! Also, the costumes the girls wear when they work there are a cross between Indy's outfit and Jane Porter's, it's clearly meant to be.


 These are looking up at Tarzan's tree house while in line :P

Once that was done (it was epic by the way!) We rose the Winnie the Pooh ride. It was pretty basic, lol. But on the back of the cars there were these little Heffalumps in Bee costumes, and they were the cutest things ever!! They should have stuffed ones in the shop, lol. Bee-lumps? Heffa-bees? I dunno, but they were CUTE.

Brian took this with his phone, lol. The couple in front of us were adorable, i feel like I ruined their picture :P

Then came Splash Mountain.I have no pictures of that one either. The parents sat it out, so it was just Brian and I, so I left my bag and camera with them. I got very wet, rofl. I always do, I'm a water magnet. Don't sit next to me if you want to stay dry -.- Afterwards, since mommy and daddy didn't go, we gave their fast passes to two lucky people in line. Which meant they didn't have to wait for the whole 70 minute thing, we're so nice XD

 Fantasy land! It was weird doing this last...it seems like one of the things we usually do first, but this whole trip was backwards, so why not?! :D There's a little tour through the castle of Sleeping Beauty's story. Mommy and I went. (I did everything. I didn't sit out for a single thing this whole trip :P) After that was the Pinocchio ride, the Snow White ride...



 And then the teacup ride! Brian, Daddy and I squeezed into one teacup, mommy took pictures, lol.
 It was hilarious, just before the ride started, the Soundsational Parade started, so we had parade music to spin to XD Here's Aladdin mid-wave! then we left, so I got no other pictures -.-

 But we figured that with the parade on, the lines would be shorter. So we hopped into line for Peter Pan! Which is my favorite ride, so weeee!! After that it was cooling off fast. I was in a tank top and shorts, I was soon freezing, lol. We got dinner at the Pizza Port in Tomorrowland to warm up, lol. After that we realized that we still had a half hour to wait before the bus left, and we didn't want to sit at the bus stop cuz it was cold... So we hopped on the train that circles the whole park. Four stops, twenty minutes...it was more entertaining, lol. Then we grabbed the bus and went back to the room ^^

The next day was California Adventure, I was excited :D
~Whisper
The flowers next to the line of the Peter Pan ride ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment