Monday, May 21, 2012

Whisper's Disneyland Adventures-Day 4


Day Four – Saturday, May 19, 2012
 Right, so this was our last day here, and the camera was broken. We were all in serious pain by this point - at least Brian and I were - so we took our time on this one, lol. Also, my pictures are guesses. My camera only had the digital screen, there was no regular viewfinder, so if the pics are off...that's why ^^;

We wanted to see World of Color that night, so the first thing we did was to to Cali Adventure and get fastpasses for it. We had to be there by 8, but it meant we got fantastic seats! Or it would, lol. We went on Soarin' again (family favorites had to). After that we went over to the River Run where they handed out the World of Color fastpasses. Once we had them, we hopped over to Disneyland since there were a few more rides we hadn't done yet ^^

We wanted to go on Space Mountain again and had fastpasses. Fate struck once again though, it wasn't meant to be. We were the next peope to get on the ride when it broke down. It was unbelievable! I swear, my family just breaks mountains! Last time Thunder Mountain, this time Space mountain...and the Matterhorn was closed entirely, maybe we did that too from a distance -.- We got a family fast pass for any ride in the park, except Star Tours and Indiana Jones. Which sucked, they were the two we really wanted to go on again -.- We decided we'd wait and go on Space Mountain later ^^

Instead we started with It's a Small World. Brian was hurting and didn't want to stand in line, so he sat it out. While we were in line, I watched Merida! If the stupid camera hadn't been broken, I TOTALLY would have gotten in line to see her! She was adorable and her hair and GAH I love her already! It would have been sooo cool ;_;

Small World was much more interesting than usual as well! Usually it's something to do, but it's not loved particularly well...the song it repetitive and stuff, lol. But at this one they made a change. There's Disney characters on the ride now! It made it really cool to search them out among the other dolls ^^


After that we went on the Storybook Land Canal Boats! I love this one, they don't have it in DW! It's got miniatures from the movies and it's just sooo cool! Lots of pictures for this one XD


The Big Bad Wolf's house. The three little pics were across the water, and surrounded by real ducks lol.



Alice's House ^^







These are all Cinderella pics. I took lots, because I didn't know which would miss and which weren't even taking, lol.

Toad Hall and the home of Modest Mole.

Pinocchio's village :)

And of course Price Eric's city by the sea ^^

Let's see, for lunch we went ot the Golden Horseshoe for ice cream. Well, we got some chicken nuggets, but for the most part, we had ice cream for lunch. It was wonderful. And the show was hilarious! Definitely worth seeing!! Then we went and rode Pirates of the Caribbean again, cuz it's always good and nice and cool XD Then it was time for another break. Brian and Mommy went back to the Golden Horseshoe because there was a real couch there to sit on! Daddy and I went over to Tom Sawyer's island to explore. I didn't care if I hurt like hell and was actually limping. I wasn't going to miss anything!

After that we went to meet the other two, who had bought some frozen lemonade for us when we got back. We sat there on the couch for a while and just relaxed, lol. Once we were done with that we made our way slowly back down Main Street, shopping on the way and seeing the show 'Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln'.

Then we went to get the various things we wanted to buy. I got that Hot and Nerdy shirt anda black sweatshirt with sparkly Disneyland stuffs on it and a mug. Brian got a coouple of shirts, my parents each did as well... andfor Colin, who was house sitting for us we got a Pirates of the Carribbean themed 5 shot glass. 5 shots in a single glass. He named it the Flying Duchman ;)

Once the shopping was done we went over to Cali Adventure again for supper. We ate at the same pasta place we had the day before, and I got the same incredible pasta because I could XD Since we'd be really early for the World of Color show, we also bought a towel to sit on. Then, seeing as the timing was perfect and it was almost 8, we went and got in line with our fastpasses. We were almost directly in front of the whole show, it was perfect. Of course it was a standing only show so they could crap more people in there...but we sat as long as we could, lol. I was freezing. We'd planned to go back to the room ad change and get books like we had before Fantast=mic, but we didn't end up having time. So I had my new jacket on and my old one over my knees. And I played game demos on my phone for two hours. I managed to beat a game of Uno in the minute long trial, I was proud!

World of Color itself...holy shit. there are no words for it, there really aren't. Fantasmic is good, but this new show is so beyond increidble. It's soo done with lights, water, and the occasional spurt of fire. I get choked up with Fantasmic, but with this? I was sobbing. Not even kidding. A few tears here and there then they hit the Lion King scene and I started sobbing, lol. And I couldn't quite finish before it ended. Mummy laughed at me. I just really like Disney, okay? :P

After that we shuffled along with the whole crowd. We still had our fastpass and it was only 10pm, so we wanted to go on Space Mountain! We were also brilliant about it. The rest of the crowd moved super slowly through the park to the entrance. But we had discovered earlier that the Grand Californian Hotel has its own private entrance right into Cali Adventure. And thus, an exit. And it connects to Downtown Disney.

  We cut through the hotel and walked a little further down the shopping strip, to the Monorail. Which we took right into Tomorrowland. It was perfect. We missed all the crowds and were there before even the first people who left the show could reach the other park!
Brian's phone again. I knew where the picture spot was this time, I posed last minute :P Daddy too apparently, I love my family XD

So we rode Space Mountain! It was the very last ride of the trip, we wanted it to be special. We were lucky and in the back of the train this time, which feels faster and makes for a much more exciting ride. We loved it XD It made for a loverly end to a loverly trip :)





The next morning we got to sleep late. We left the hotel at 11 and took and car to the airport. We were super early, lol. But they had free WiFi, so wooo!! I managed to get all my pics uploaded and fixed the brightness and contrast and color and such. We landed in Denver around 6 something, took the bus back to the car, drove home...the whole flight and ride I was reading Percy Jackson 5. At least until it got too dark to do so :P We made it home around 8 or 9 and I spent the night typing the first two of these up. ANd today I did the last two!

Hopefully I didn't bore you all to tears with my ramblings. I hope you liked my pictures! A lot of them will go on tumblr and devArt, so you'll see them again XD

Twas quite an adventure, i'm looking forward to the next one already! once I no longer hurt so much anyways :P

~Whisperwings

No comments:

Post a Comment